Cheesy Bacon Biscuits. Take an ordinary package of biscuit mix and turn it into a pumped up breakfast biscuit. Can have for a snack too!
This could be considered lazy, or time saving. You choose. Either way, it doesn’t take long to make these Cheesy Bacon Biscuits. You’ll learn that in most of my recipes, I like taking the easy way out and using mixes, etc..
The biscuit mix I used in this recipe was Bisquick Buttermilk. Easy peasy. Only calls for 1/2 cup of water.
If you would like to make an easy homemade biscuit recipe…check MomonTimeOut’s “The Best Homemade Biscuit Recipe”. Just replace my ingredients – Bisquick Mix and Water.
Bake the Bacon
Also, I baked the bacon rather than using my skillet and frying it. I have been doing this more and more lately. Mainly, because it’s easier clean up. I just let the grease hardened up some on the foil. Then, I fold it up and trash it. Wash the baking sheet rather than the stove top from the splatter and the skillet that, sometimes, you have to clean twice to get the grease off.
We had these with fried eggs. Dip the biscuit in the yolk. Even yummier. My youngest will make a fried egg and dunk her sausage or biscuit or toast and not even eat the whites. Are you a dunker?
If you like recipes with biscuits, I have a great one for you. Again, there is no making biscuits from scratch (although you can) with my Sausage Biscuits and Gravy Casserole. However, I do make the gravy from scratch, but that’s pretty easy to do.
Or, you could try my Breakfast Casserole and use these biscuits.
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Cheesy Bacon Biscuits
- Baking Sheet
- Frying Pan, if desired
- 1 Package - 7.5 oz Biscuit Mix
- 1/2 Lb Bacon Can use pork or turkey bacon.
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° for your bacon. NOTE: You can fry the bacon in the skillet, if preferred.
- Bake the bacon for 11-13 or until crispy. Drain on paper towels. Blot. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 450°, or as suggested on your biscuit mix.
- Add 1/2 cup water to biscuit mix. Stir until well blended.
- Crumble the bacon and add it and the cheese to the biscuit mix.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a baking sheet. Here is where it will depend on how many biscuits you end up with. I went with a TBSP and had 12 biscuits vs. 6 biscuits.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes, or until done. Let cool. Serve.