You’ll love this Ham and Noodle Casserole. You can use leftovers and prepare ahead of time on those days you have limited time to spend on dinner.
What is in a casserole?
Casseroles are dishes that contain some sort of protein (meat), a vegetable or two, some form of starch (potatoes/rice/pasta). Once you have these ingredients, you can add a sauce (milk, soup and broth) and tie it all together with some cheese. See the five components needed below.
What are the 5 components of a casserole?
Protein, Starch, Vegetables, Sauce, and Cheese. Put these together, stick it in the oven and bake away!! Mix and match and create you’re own recipes. This Ham and Noodle Casserole has ham, pasta, celery & onions, Cheddar Cheese Soup, milk. All of the components.
What can I use if I don’t have a casserole dish for my Ham and Noodle Casserole?
You could try a dutch oven or a cake dish, anything that is oven safe. A cast iro skillet works great in the oven.
Can you freeze Ham and Cheese Casserole?
Yes. Allow the Ham and Cheese Casserole to cool down to room temperature. Store in the freezer in an airtight container. When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator before baking.
Other casseroles to try…
Cheesy Sausage and Tater Tot Casserole – One of my favorites
Why do you like casseroles?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
- 8×8 baking dish or 8×8 cake pan
- 2 Cups Egg Noodles, Medium
- 1 Can (10 oz) Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Celery, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 Cup Ham, Diced, Fully Cooked
- 3/4 Cup Ritz Crackers, Finely crushed
- 1 Tbsp Butter, melted
- Cook noodles in boiling water till tender. Drain.
- While the noodles are cooking. In a large bowl, stir together the soup, sour cream and milk.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Chop the celery and onions.
- Add the chopped celery and onions in the soup mixture.
- Crush the Ritz crackers. Then mix with the melted butter. Set aside.
- Add the ham and cooked noodles in the mixture.
- Spoon into a 2 quart (8×8) casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cracker mix on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.