My Grilled Tuna Melt recipe will show you how to make a tuna melt for one. Just like a grilled cheese, but with tuna salad in between.
Are tuna melts good?
If you are a fan of tuna and a regular tuna sandwich, then you will love the Grilled Tuna Melt.
What sides go with tuna melts?
Here are some ideas for some sides or complimentary foods to a Grilled Tuna Melt…
- Raw Vegetable Slices (such as cucumbers, zucchini, etc.)
How to make a tuna melt on the stove
Making a tuna melt on the stove is the same as making a grilled cheese. Just add the tuna salad on the bread with the cheese. Use a frying pan or skillet to “grill” or toast the outside of the bread.
What goes good on a tuna sandwich?
Besides the cheese, of course, adding lettuce, onion, tomatoes and some chopped celery are a good start. Some people like adding sliced avocados and peppers to theirs.
Tuna Salad Recipe
My basic tuna salad recipe:
- 1 pkg – tuna, drained
- 1/2-3/4 cup mayo
- 1 – chopped boiled egg
- 2 tbsp – relish (optional)
- Salt & pepper.
**You can use the tuna salad that you normally use.
Try some of these too while you’re here…
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information
Grilled Tuna Melt
- Frying Pan
- 2 Slices bread (your choice)
- 2 Slices American Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Tuna Salad
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Butter the bread on one side.
- Place bread, butter side down, in preheated skillet (medium - medium high heat) and place one slice of the cheese on the bread.
- Spoon the tuna salad on top of the cheese.
- Add the other slice of cheese.
- Place the other slice of bread (butter side up) on top. You can check the bottom slice to see if it's to your likin'. The bread takes 3 to 5 minutes to brown (medium heat).
- Flip the sandwich over (be careful not to fling the tuna salad everywhere). Cook the bottom slice of bread now. Remove from pan when done. Slice and serve.