CRUNCHY PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA BARS
Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Bars is my first attempt at making granola bars. Did pretty good, if I say so myself. Lately I eat a granola bar every day, I thought maybe I should make a homemade version where I KNOW what goes in it.
This is sweet AND salty. It consists of mainly peanut butter, of course, chopped peanuts, Rice Krispies Cereal and oats. I threw in a little bit of honey and brown sugar. And for the oil, I used coconut oil. Much healthier than most other oils.
I think next time I will throw almonds in the mix. What would you add differently?
Other treats using cereal…
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 9×13 Baking dish
- 3 Cups Oats
- 1 Cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Peanuts, Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 9×13 glass dish with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, Rice Krispies, peanut, salt & baking soda in a medium size bowl.
- In microwavable safe bowl, mix honey, 1/2 cup of peanut butter and coconut oil for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir.
- Add vanilla & brown sugar to peanut butter mix. Stir to combine.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients. Transfer to glass dish.
- Press mixture down firmly using your hand or the bottom of a cup/glass. Microwave 2 tbsp of peanut butter and drizzle over mixture.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until the edges start to turn slightly brown.
- Let granola cool in dish for 10-20 minutes. Then remove from the dish and cut into bars. If the bars start to break apart, allow them to cool a little longer. Place bars on cooling rack to cool completely.