Here’s a cool “baked” version of a tostada – Cheeseburger Tostadas. This just came to me yesterday. I pitched the idea to my daughter, Sarah and she said it sounded cool. So, the Cheeseburger Tostada was born in my house. Did you know that this one tortilla has 19g of carbs, whereas a bun runs an average of 26g? Thought you might want to know that.
These are totally customizable, just for you. You could use ground pork or ground turkey instead of ground beef. I used ground beef. You could use a any type of tortilla you want. Go low carb if you need to. I used a flour tortilla. Plus, I baked it. I do try and do some things the “healthier” way.
- hot sauce
- or any type of dressing you like can be added.
I used some shredded iceberg lettuce, couple rings of white onion and dill pickles. Ranch Dressing would have been good. I know it sounds weird, but hey, I’m weird.
What will you top yours with?
Some other cool recipes using “Cheeseburger” Filling…
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
- Frying Pan
- 9 x 13 Baking Sheet
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- 3 Tortillas, flour
- Olive oil
- Brown ground beef in skillet. Season, if desired. Drain.
- While your cooking your ground beef, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Place tortillas on it.
- Rub about 3-4 drops of olive oil over each tortilla.
- Mix browned ground beef with velveeta cheese in a bowl.
- Scoop one heaping cup of meat/cheese mixture onto each tortilla.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the tortilla begins to get crispy on the sides.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes. Top and serve!