This recipe will show you how to make cucumber roll ups using only 3 ingredients. Impress your friends with this pretty appetizer.
What is a cucumber roll?
A cucumber roll up is where you take a thin slice of the cucumber and roll something up in it. For example, what I used, lunch meat and Ranch dressing. The possibilities are endless. You could use tuna, cheese, just about anything that will roll up inside the slice.
How do you make thin sliced cucumbers?
Dilemma. How to slice them so thin? Some recipes call for using a vegetable peeler to slice these. UPDATE: Thanks to a lovely visitor, she recommended a mandolin. UPDATE UPDATE: I sliced the above with a mandolin/slicer. So must easier. May I recommend getting one if you don’t have one.
Do you need to peel the cucumber for the Cucumber Roll Up?
I got to thinking while writing this, that my Veggie Dip made with Essential Oils would have been good in lieu of the Ranch Dressing. Double healthy right there.
Like cucumbers and popcorn chicken…try this salad!
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Cucumber Roll Ups
- 1 English Cucumber Can use regular cucumbers
- 30 Slices Ham Lunch Meat, Thin Slice Use your choice of meat.
- Ranch Dressing To taste
- Cut cucumber in half long ways. With potato peeler, make 10 slices. Image only shows 2 slices. You can either eat whats left of the cucumber or get as many slices out of it as possible. Just add more meat to the recipe.
- Place 3 slices of lunch meat on top of the cucumber slice.
- Drizzle Ranch Dressing down the center of the meat. If too much comes out, spread it out with a spoon or knife.
- Starting from the bottom, roll the cucumber slice up. The dressing will help make it stay together. Ready to serve. Or refrigerate until ready to serve.