Make these easy ice cream sandwiches and roll them in red and blue sprinkles. Serve them at your next patriotic party! Or change up the color scheme!!
What to do and how to do it
All you need for these are some cookies. Make them, buy them or buy the dough to make them, like me. Then add a scoop or two, depending on how thick you want them, of ice cream. Freeze them again. Then take out and roll them in some sprinkles. Very easy dessert and a great for color themed parties.
What’s Ice Cream Sandwiches
Not sure that makes sense. But an ice cream sandwich is ice cream between two cookies, wafers, biscuits, etc.. You can use any flavor of ice cream you like. And, you can use any type/flavor of “outside” you want.
How to make ice cream sandwiches at home
See the recipe below for the recipe for my ice cream sandwich, or, get some inspiration and make your own. There are so many variables. You could use peanut butter cookies with chocolate ice cream, for example.
More Patriotic Recipes
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 9 x 13 Baking Sheet
- 4 Slices Sugar cookie dough, refrigerated
- 4 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- Blue and Red Sprinkles
- Cut 4 slices off your cookie dough. Cut each slice in half. Roll each half into a ball. Bake as instructed on package. Let cool about 30 minutes.
- Place one scoop of ice cream on the bottom side of your cookie.
- Place another cookie on top, bottom side down. Squeeze together to make sure the ice cream goes to the edge of the cookies. If needed, use a knife to add ice cream to any spot that the ice cream doesn’t cover all the way to the edge. Repeat for the other 6 cookies. Making a total of 4 sandwiches.
- Place in the freezer for at least an hour to let any melted ice cream set again. Pour as little or as much of the sprinkles you want, on a plate. A flat surface works best.
- Roll the outside of the sandwich in the sprinkles covering all of the ice cream, if desired.
- If not serving immediately, place back in the freezer until ready to serve.