Fun Filled Velvet Cake
Fun Filled Velvet Cake would great to use for a Birthday, right? This was a huge hit. Met up with my sisters for the day and took this as our “treat”. After dinner, we hit this baby up. And it was good.
Slight change next time
Now, I would change one thing. The M&Ms were not as crunchy after being inside the cake like that. So, next time, I’ll use a different type of candy and see how it goes. And if you’re asking if the slice fell over because the bottom is smaller than the top, it didn’t. Even when I took my first forkful from the top piece.
You could make this with your own cake recipe if you like. I used Duncan Hines Spring Velvet Cake Mix. I made my own frosting. If you want to see that recipe, just refer to my Spring Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. If not, you could make your own frosting or use store bought. Your cake, your way!
What you do to get the middle like that is cut out (using a big biscuit round cutter), the center of your bottom layer. If you are making more that one layer, you could cut out the middle of every bottom layer you want. Just leave the top layer “whole”. Fill it with candy, cookies or even surprises.
What will you fill your cake with?
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Fun Filled Velvet Cake
- 1 Box (17.64 oz) Spring Velvet Cake Mix, Duncan Hines
- 4 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 8 Tbsp Butter
- Frosting of choice
- 1 1/2 Cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, water and butter as directed on the box. Pour batter into sprayed/greased 9" round cake pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for one hour or more.
- Using a cutter (or any other genius tools you have), remove the center of your bottom layer. Eat this part 🙂
- Smooth on the frosting on the top and inside the hole. Pour in the M&M's.
- Place the other cake on top.
- Add frosting to the sides and top. Finish off with your decoration of choice. Serve!