Are you one of those peeps that takes a bite of your burger and then before you’re done chewing, you have to put a chip in your mouth and combine the two? Or is that just me? With these Crunchy Burgers, you get both in the same bite. Never put your burger down again to grab some chips.
Simple. All you need to do is make your hamburgers as you normally would (but I included my recipe) and add some chips. You got yourself a crunchy burger. Add whatever chips you want, whatever dressing you want, whatever toppings you want. You get the picture.
I made 5 big burgers with 2 pounds of meat. You could definitely made more burgers, if you want to make them smaller patties. I’m thinking the only reason you would want to do that is to make the meat go further because you’re feeding more people.
Where the idea came from..
When I was young, I would always add the chips on my sandwich and eat it like that. I knew some people that only had chips and ketchup in between their bread.
Have you ever added chips on a burger or sandwich before?
Need another Burger recipe? Check out my Bacon Fried Onion Cheeseburger. You could so add some chips to that one too.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Crunchy Burgers SUMMERTIME EATS
- 2 Lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Potato Chips, crushed Can alternate
- American Cheese, or your choice Optional
- 5 Hamburger Buns
- Preheat griddle/skillet on medium high heat.
- Mix all ingredients but chips in a medium size bowl.
- Make patties. I used about 1 cup of meat for each patty. Place on preheated griddle/skillet.
- Fry burgers for 5-6 minutes, then flip. Cook an additional 5-6 minutes on the other side.
- Add a slice of cheese on top of each burger, if desired. Let melt. About 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, crunch up enough chips to equal 1 1/4 cups.
- On the bottom half of your hamburger bun, add your desired dressing.
- Add 1/4 cup of the crushed chips on top of your dressing.
- Add one of the burgers on top of the chips. Finish topping the burger to your liking. Grab with both hands and take a big ole bite.