Blue Cake Mix Brownies. A fun and colorful way to eat Brownies and it’s made with cake mix.
These Blue Cake Mix Brownies are fun, right? I used some of the new Pillsbury Funfetti colored cake mix. These are great if you have a colored theme going on for a party, baby shower or holiday. I just followed my Strawberry Cake Mix Brownie Recipe, but used the packages instead of the box.
UPDATE: When I went to make these again, I could not find the Pillsbury Funfetti colored cake mix. However, I did find a blue cake mix at Walmart. It’s a slightly different blue color. It’s made by Alma’s Culinary Company. If you can’t find a blue cake mix, you could always use food dye on a white cake mix. **I would include the link, but Google does not like it.
I also followed the same recipe, however, I made it on a 9×13 baking dish. If you want thicker brownies, use the square cake pans or 8×8 baking dish.
You can use some of the Blue Cake Mix Brownies from this recipe in the Blue Muddy Buddie (Puppy Chow) Mix. Another great recipe if you’re having a color themed party.
What is the difference between cake mix and brownie mix?
Brownie are dense and chewy and cake is a little drier and softer in texture.
Can cake mix make brownies?
Just check the recipe below. You don’t follow the instructions on the cake mix box. You trade an egg for some vegetable oil.
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Blue Cake Mix Brownies
- 8×8 baking dish or 8×8 cake pan
- OR 9×13 baking dish
- 2 Pkg, 15.25oz Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix Or any blue cake mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- Preheat oven 350°. Spray 13 x9 or two 8×8 square pans with cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, egg, water and oil in a large bowl or stand mixer.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until well blended. Note: It will be thick. See the picture.
- Spoon into pan(s). You will have to press it down. I used a baggie on my hand and sprayed it with cooking spray.
- Bake @ 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 3 hours unless serving warm, then cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered (confectioners) sugar.