Blue Muddy Buddies
Another fun recipe, Blue Muddy Buddies! Great for just changing it up some, or for a color themed party, baby shower or holiday. I just took the original chex mix muddy buddy recipe to a
blue new level.
I used some of my blue cake mix brownies in the recipe to change it up a little. And because they were blue. 🙂 Threw in a little color with the decor. You can use whatever sprinkles/decor you like, or don’t use any at all. Totally up to you.
I also used the Pillsbury Funfetti Cake mix. You can get these is several colors.
Have fun with it. Maybe you want to use blue cake mix with pink brownies. Live it up!
What color will you use?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Blue Muddy Buddies
- 6 Cup Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 Cup White Chocolate Chips 12 oz bag
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Cake Mix
- 1 Tbsp Blue sugar sprinkles
- 2 Tbsp Multi colored decor sprinkles
- 15 Oz Blue Cake Mix
- Place cereal in large bowl. Set aside
- In a microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate, vanilla and butter. I didn’t melt mine all the way.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and mix until covered.
- Pour the cereal/chocolate mix in a large baggie. Add the cake mix, sprinkles and brownies. Shake until well coated.