Valentine’s Day Bark
Valentine’s Day Bark aka White Chocolate Holiday Bark, using white chocolate, conversation hearts, sprinkles with a little bit of red food coloring. Easy to make recipe that is perfect for Valentine’s Day holiday parties at the office or school.
Have you ever heard of “bark”? You would typically see it more around the Christmas holiday. However, you can make it for many different occasions.
What is bark chocolate?
It is a sheet of chocolate that is covered with nuts, candy, dried fruit or even more chocolate. This one is covered with candy and sprinkles.
How to make white chocolate bark.
Like I said earlier, this an easy to make recipe. Unless you’re putting special ingredients that need to be “made”, all you’re doing here is melting white chocolate and tossing some toppings on it, then letting it cool. That simple.
What is in Valentine’s Day Bark?
- White Chocolate Chips
- Conversation Hearts
- Valentine Sprinkles
- Red Food Coloring (optional)
What can I sub for white chocolate?
The closest thing, as far as flavor goes, is milk chocolate. The closest thing, as far as looks goes, is almond bark.
No. But almond bark still taste good to me and can be used for a bark recipe.
Need more sweet Valentine’s Day Ideas??
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the right hand side of this page and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
Tried one of our recipes? We would love it if you would let us know what you thought or if you have any suggestions.
Speaking of suggestions? Have any? If so, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Valentine’s Day Bark
- Double Boiler (can use glass bowl over saucepan or microwave)
- Baking Sheet
- 12 oz Bag White chocolate chips See post above if needing to substitute
- 7 oz Bag Conversation Hearts – Brach's
- 1/4 Cup Valentine sprinkle Can use less, if preferred
- Red Food Color Gel or liquid
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or glass bowl over a pan (see pic). *Can heat in microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Before pouring the chocolate, add a squirt or two to the melted chocolate. Once you start spreading, you'll swirl the colors. (You can skip this step and just keep it white)
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, pour onto a parchment or silicone mat on a shallow baking dish. Spread until it's 1/4" thick or so.
- Sprinkle the toppings on the unmelted chocolate. Press if need be.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to harden.
- Remove from fridge. Using a large knife, or your hands, crack the bark into pieces. Serve on a plate/platter or put it in cute little gift boxes.