Spring Velvet Cupcakes
I bought a box of Spring Velvet Cake Mix and decided to make this. Then I decided to make them for a combo birthday party for my sister, my daughter and I. The theme was a garden theme, and what better than Spring Velvet Cupcakes. They were a big hit, in fact there were some peeps asking if there were any left. I guess I should have made double the amount.
These would be perfect for Easter with the colors and all.
If you’re afraid of sugar, these are not for you. The cream cheese filling and frosting has 9 cups of powdered sugar. The good news? I didn’t use all of it. You should have some left over for your next recipe. But it was Oh So Good!! One cupcake was definitely enough.
The box of Spring Velvet Cake Mix comes with two packages of cake mix. One yellow and one pink. Each box is enough for 12 cupcakes, giving you a total of 24. If you want to take the same route I did, you could make a batch of yellow and then a batch of pink. Or you could combine your batter, half and half, in each cupcake for a cute mix.
Filling the cupcakes
Oh, and by the way, filling cupcakes is so easy to do if you have a piping bag or decorating tips. You can put a tip inside a baggie that has the corner cut out and use it as your piping bag.
Are you going to fill the cupcakes or just frost them?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Spring Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Filling and Frosting
- Stand Mixer/Hand Mixer
- Cupcake Pan / Muffin Tin
- 1 Box (17.4 oz) Spring Velvet Cake Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 8 Tbsp Butter, softened
- 1 Box (3.4 oz) Vanilla Pudding MIx
- 12 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 9 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 – 3 Tbsp Milk
- Decor, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325°. Fill cupcake pan with liners.
- Make one of the cake mix as directed using the cake mix, eggs, water, butter and 1/2 box of the pudding mix.
- Bake as directed for 17-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted, comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing.
- Cool completely on wire racks before icing.
- Repeat for other cake mix.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make frosting. In large bowl or stand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla on high until fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until smooth.
- Beat in 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until piping consistency (not too thick).
- Fit round or star tip on piping bag/bottle.
- Insert tip in center of cupcake about 1/2 way down. Squeeze icing until cupcake swells and filling comes to top.
- Frost the top of cupcake.
- Top with decor if desired.