Lucky Snack Mix aka Lucky Charms Snack Mix. This would be perfect for the holiday St. Patrick’s Day because we have Lucky Charms Cereal in it. Make it for the office, for a school party or a family get together. Who doesn’t love the marshmallows in Lucky Charms?
A no bake snack mix recipe is close to the same thing as muddy buddies. A snack mix can be with sweet or salty/savory, whereas Muddy Buddies are typically usually sweet.
Speaking of marshmallows…
Have you ever wondered what the marshmallows in Lucky Charms are made of? I got to thinking, the marshmallows are different from “marshmallows”, like the ones that you toast at a camp fire, or the ones that you put in your hot chocolate. So, I googled it. According to an article I ran across from “Today”. The difference is that Lucky Charms cereal doesn’t use water or tetrasodium pyrophosphate, which is a “whipping aid”. The whipping aid is what makes the “other” marshmallows fluffy and puffy. Who knew.
Easy to make this recipe…
Have you ever made a snack mix or even Muddy Buddies before? No? Well, as soon as you realize just how easy it is, you’ll be asking yourself why.
You melt the coating, and in this case, it’s white chocolate and butter. Coat the main part (which is typically Chex Cereal or Crispix Cereal) and then mix in any remaining ingredients. Those remaining ingredients can range from candy to marshmallows to sprinkles. You can totally customize your own recipe.
Looking for similar type’s of snack mixes/muddy buddies?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
You can always change the colors used in the snack mixes / muddy buddies to go with your theme. Be it a holiday snack mix, a baby shower or even a birthday.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the right hand side of this page and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
Tried one of our recipes? We would love it if you would let us know what you thought or if you have any suggestions.
Speaking of suggestions? Have any? If so, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Lucky Snack Mix
- 1 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 3 1/2 Cups Crispix Cereal
- 1 Cup Lucky Charms
- 1 Cup Lucky Charms Marshmallows only
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp Green Sugar Sprinkles
- In a large bowl, add the Crispix Cereal, Lucky Charms (not just the marshmallows yet)
- Melt the white chocolate chips and butter together. Either using a double boiler or in the microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the Crispix mix and mix well, covering as much of the cereal with the chocolate as you can.
- Pour the cereal mix in a gallon size baggie. Add the extra marshmallows, sprinkles and powdered sugar. Shake well covering all the ingredients with the powdered sugar.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet. Let sit for 1 hour to set. Serve.