This Instant Pot Queso Dip has to be the quickest queso dip I have ever made. Made with 3 cheeses, including cream cheese. I even used the slow cooker setting on the Instant Pot. Crazy what it can do in such a short amount of time.
I’m not kidding when I say it was the fastest time ever that I made a cheese dip recipe. I used the “slow cooker” setting, which is suppose to emulate a slow cooker, right? Not. It’s like the slow cooker was on steroids. Love it.
Where was cheese dip invented?
I googled this, just wanting to meet the person(s) that invented a dish that I truly love. I’m finding conflicting information, go figure. But I came across an article in the Encyclopedia of Arkansas that claims it was invented there by Blackie Donnely, the original owner of Mexico Chiquito restaurants. I live in Texas, have my entire life, and was always told it was invented here. I’m at a loss for words. Do you know?
What is good with cheese dip?
Um…almost anything. You can just have some tortilla chips to dip into the dip. Or, you could use it in a recipe, like I did. I used the leftover cheese dip in my Beef and Bean Burrito Casserole. I haven’t posted that recipe yet, but maybe by the time you’re reading this, it will be up.
You could use it on hamburgers, or over hot dogs. How about pouring some over your french fries or tater tots. OMGosh, I could go on with the possibilities. But, I think you get the idea.
What cheese is queso dip used from?
You can basically use any cheese you want. You just need to make sure it melts. Some already shredded cheeses don’t melt because of the coating they put on the cheese. And you have other cheeses, such as queso fresco, that are difficult to melt. Just go do a search on it and make sure before using it.
What’s in my Instant Pot Queso dip?
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Mild White Cheddar
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Onion Powder
NOTE: This was the first time using cream cheese in a cheese dip. You have to be very careful, it does not melt the same. It give it a creamier texture though.
How long will cheese dip keep in refrigerator?
Homemade cheese dip will last about 4 days in the refrigerator.
Can cheese dip be reheated?
Yes. However, sometimes you need to add a liquid such as milk or heavy cream when reheating.
Looking for dip ideas? Look here…
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the right hand side of this page and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
Tried one of our recipes? We would love it if you would let us know what you thought or if you have any suggestions.
Speaking of suggestions? Have any? If so, please email me at email@example.com .
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Instant Pot Queso Dip
- Instant Pot
- 8 Oz Monterey Jack Cheese Block, shredded Do not use pre-shredded cheese
- 8 Oz Mild White Cheddar Block, shredded Do no use pre-shredded cheese
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Can – 10 oz Rotel
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream Could use up to 2, depending on your preference
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder Could sub Garlic Powder
- Add the cream cheese, Rotel, 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream, onion powder to the instant pot. Stir several times to combine ingredients.
- Set on slow cooker, less heat. Set time for 1 hour. Although you will not need it.
- You have to constantly stir for the cream cheese to melt right. Once the cream cheese has melted, add half of the shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Stir well.
- Once the cheese has melted, add more cheese. First the other half of the monterey jack, let it melt, add half of the cheddar, let it melt, add the remaining cheddar.
- Add the other half cup of the whipping cream if it's too thick for you. Let cook for another 10 minutes or so.
- Turn on "warm" setting for about 10-15 minutes. Serve.