The Ham and Cheese Pockets are homemade, you know what is in them! Made with crescent rolls, ham and cheese. Great as a meal or a snack.
How long do you cook these?
Cook these ham and cheese hot pockets for 9 – 15 minutes. Total time from start to finish, tops, is 50 minutes.
Can you freeze ham and cheese pockets?
Yes. Seal them tightly and freeze them for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to eat one, thaw it, wrap it in a paper towel, then microwave it for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
What is in a ham and cheese hot pocket?
For basic hot pockets, just ham and cheese. You could add extra ingredients if you like. Try some onions or peppers.
What cheese goes with ham?
Cheddar, American and Swiss cheeses would work best with the ham and cheese pockets. But other cheeses go great too. Your preference. I actually use cheddar cheese soup.
This is a very simple recipe to make. Most of the time is spent creating the “pocket”. Don’t worry if it’s messy looking, it will taste good. If you haven’t made these before, you might make for just you and your fam first. Get the practice in making them look prettier. Mine aren’t all that great looking, but I just made these for my Hubs, Daughter and I. Didn’t need to go all fancy schmancy.
What’s great about these, is you can use leftover ham from Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter.
Want some more recipes using ham??
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Homemade Ham and Cheese Pocket
- Baking Sheet
- 2 Pkg Crescent Dough, Original (8 rolls each)
- 3 Cups Cooked Ham, Diced
- 1 Can (10 1/2 oz) Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1/2 Cup Milk, 2% Can substitute
- 1 Cup Colby Jack Cheese, Shredded
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Egg, beaten For egg wash.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium saucepan, except for crescent dough. Heat on low/medium heat, just to bring the temp to at least room temp or slightly warmer.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line a shallow baking/cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out two (2) crescent triangles, so that you have a rectangle on a floured surface. Roll the dough to enlarge it just slightly, and to seal the perforated portion.
- Add 1/4 cup of the ham cheese mixture to one side of the dough.
- Fold the dough over. Using a fork (and flour), press around the outer edges.
- Using a spatula, place the pocket on the lined baking sheet. Brush the edges with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes. If you want slightly crispier, cook 12-15 minutes. All depends on your oven. Check it at 9 minutes and decide.
- Let cool for 15 minutes. Serve.