Easy Air Fryer Pickles are a healthier version of fried pickles without all the grease and still crispy and satisfying!! Made in the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer.
Not sure you’re aware that I have stomach issues. Can’t eat spicy foods, any citrus, garlic or very little fried foods. This is a perfect option for tummies like mine. Not to mention, it’s actually healthier. Not that I eat all healthy and stuff. But everything done in moderation is better. So, throwing those healthy foods in with the not-so-healthy foods help. Right?
I made these in my Ninja Foodi Air Fryer. So, you may have to adjust some of the instructions for your air fryer.
Can you use batter in an air fryer?
We’ll just get this out of the way. NO! Do not use batter with an air fryer. Most are not made to use “wet” batter in. The drippage (if that’s a word) from the batter could ruin the heating elements in the unit.
How do you make fried pickles from scratch in an air fryer?
To make fried pickles in an air fryer will be very similar to making them in hot oil/deep frying. You would create the “coating” and the air fry it. To make the coating, I used the following ingredients…
- Heavy Cream
- Bread Crumbs
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
You can always add or take away the spices as you desire. For example, use some garlic powder in lieu of or with the onion powder.
Just dip the pickle in the flour mixture, then the egg wash, and finally in the panko/bread crumb mixture. Pop it in the air fryer. That easy.
The big time consumer here is you should do this pickle for pickle. At 120 pickles, that takes a little bit of time. Not to mention, you have to count those suckers. I wish they would tell you how many pickles slices are in a jar. That would have cut some time.
Here are some more appetizer options.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the right hand side of this page and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
Tried one of our recipes? We would love it if you would let us know what you thought or if you have any suggestions.
Speaking of suggestions? Have any? If so, please email me at email@example.com .
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Easy Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Ninja Foodi Air Fryer
- 120 Dill Pickle Slices
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Panko
- 2 Cups Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Pat dry your pickles.
- In a small bowl beat together egg, heavy cream and black pepper.
- Mix the panko and bread crumbs in a bowl. You will be dividing these up.
- Place 1/2 cup of the panko/bread crumb mix in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, mix the rest of the panko/bread crumbs with the flour, paprika, onion powder and salt.
- Dip each pickle slice in the flour mixture, then the egg wash, then the panko/bread crumb mix until all are coated. **If you run out of egg wash, make another bowl.
- Working in batches, air fry pickle slices in a single layer at 390° (on the air fry setting) for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. (I got 40 pickles in one batch. Should take you 3 batches)
- Serve with ranch or your choice of dip.