This is a creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup with noodles. It has one of the heartiest noodles you’ll ever eat, Reames! Great for feeding a big family, or a crowd!!
Have you ever tried or even heard of Reames Noodles? Do you like thick noodles in your soups? Then these are definitely for you. My husband turned me onto them. I never even knew about them. His Mom use to make them at Thanksgiving time and serve them on a pile of mashed potatoes. I’m not a big fan of that, but I love these noodles. They are almost dumpling like.
What is it made of
My soup is made with canned vegetables, chicken, cream of chicken soup, milk and noodles. If you’re looking for a chicken vegetable soup keto style, all you have to do here is drop the noodles. It’s a great soup if you’re following the keto diet.
You’ll see what I used in the soup below. However, I took my picture after I cooked the chicken. The chicken was made earlier in the day to break up the time it takes. Sometimes, I work like that. If I break it up, I’m not standing on my feet for a really long time in the kitchen.
What vegetable goes with chicken noodle soup
Because all you’re doing here, is combining chicken noodle soup with vegetable soup. You can choose to put whatever vegetable you want, or like. Most chicken soups have the following vegetables…
- Green beans
What can I add to my chicken soup to give it flavor
What’s your go to spice/seasoning? More than likely, it will work in chicken soup as well. Some other ideas are, but not limited to…
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic salt or powder
- Onion salt or powder
Also, consider, chicken broth, bouillon cubes or better than bouillon to enhance the chicken flavor.
Try these soups as well
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
Chicken Vegetable Soup
- 2 Large Pots
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless
- 6 Quarts Water
- 2 Tbsp Better than bouillon, roasted chicken base
- 1 Pkg (24 oz) Reames Noodles
- 2 Cans (15 oz) Mixed Vegetables, undrained
- 2 Cups Chicken Water (water the chicken was boiled in) could use chicken broth
- 2 Cans (10 3/4 oz) Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tsp Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot. Add 2 quarts of water. Add the better than bouillon and chicken breasts. Bring to a boil. Boil for 25-30 until done. ** I like to add my better than bouillon to 1 quart of warm water and mix it before adding the other quart of water to the pot.
- Remove the chicken from the water. Cut the chicken in bite size or smaller cubes. Save 2 cups of the water you boiled the chicken in.
- In another large pot, bring water to a boil. Once boiling, place the Reames noodles in 3 quarts of water. Boil for 20 minutes. Pour back into the pot.
- Pour the 2 cups of chicken water you saved and another 4 cups (1 quart) into one of the pots.
- Add the milk and cream of chicken soup in and mix well. Add the chicken.
- Add seasonings, both cans of un-drained mixed vegetables, and noodles to the pot.
- Stir. Cover and Cook on low for 30 minutes to 1 hour on low/medium heat.