se Ground Chicken HOMEMADE Egg Rolls
These Ground Chicken Homemade Egg Rolls are my first EVER egg roll to make, thanks to another food blogger. She showed me that they are a lot easier than you think to make.
I didn’t want to make a huge batch for just me, and I can’t have garlic, plus I’m a little lazy sometimes. So, I made a few changes for my egg rolls. Instead of using cabbage AND shredded carrots, I just bought a cole slaw mix.
Little did I know that my Daughter was going to like them..but it’s all good, I am on a low carb diet (most days of the week) and it will keep me from eating all of these. Good news though, the egg roll wraps have approximately 12 carbs each. What? Sweet, right?
My recipe made 7 egg rolls, however, if you put less in you could end up with 1 or 2 more. I need to work on my egg roll rollin’!
With that said, these would be great snacks to hold you over if you are counting your carbs like me. I don’t go over 30-50 a day, so this works perfect! Egg rolls are great as a side dish or appetizer. Even would work for any type of gathering. Easy finger food.
Warning: I’m gonna go a little nuts making egg rolls now. Wait to see what I come up with. Cuz, my mind gears are turning. Albeit it’s a little creaky, but turning nonetheless.
What egg roll do you think I should make next?
I’ve made several, well that’s being generous, quite a few more egg roll recipes. Check a couple out here….
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Ground Chicken HOMEMADE Egg Rolls
- 1/2 Lb Ground Chicken
- 1 1/2 Cup Cole Slaw Mix
- 1/8 Cup Minced Onion
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 7 Egg Roll Wraps
- Pepper, to taste
- Vegetable Oil For Frying
- Brown/Cook Ground Chicken. Drain.
- Cook Cole Slaw Mix, minced onions & onion powder in a skillet or sauce pan for 3-4 mi.nutes. Just enough to soften the slaw mix. Then add the cooked chicken to the slaw mix. Cook another 1-2 minutes
- In a separate bowl, mix the water, soy sauce, vegetable oil & cornstarch.
- Pour into the chicken/slaw mixture. Stir. Remove from heat.
- Pour enough oil in the skillet to cover the bottom. Set on medium high heat.
- Spoon mixture into the egg roll wraps (see step by step below). NOTE: Egg roll wraps are found in the produce section in most grocery stores.
- Place the egg rolls in the heated oil in a single layer. Cook about 3 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Place on paper towels to drain oil.