Caramel Candy Popcorn
Doesn’t that Caramel Candy Popcorn look yummy? I had some candy corn and caramels left over and wondered what I could make with it. This is what I came up with. I mixed the caramel and candy corn before in my Caramel Candy Corn Cookie Pizza. If you didn’t catch that, go take a look see. It was delish!
This is so easy to make too. Pop your popcorn, melt your caramel and candy corn, mix together and wahlah!
What’s cool about this popcorn, is even though you will see it in a bowl, you can so totally shape this. Just like rice krispy treats. You could let them set in a cake or casserole pan and then cut into squares, or shape it around a bowl, let it set. Then take it out and you have yourself a popcorn bowl. If you leave it in a bowl, it will set. To fix that, pop it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, give or take.
I used buttered microwave popcorn. Feel free to use any popcorn you want, microwaveable or homemade. Either way is good.
Off subject a bit, did you know they now have caramel corn candy? Saw it at the store the other day. So, I must be onto something mixing these two.
Do you like chocolate or candy coated popcorn or are you the plain jane popcorn eater?
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Caramel Candy Popcorn
- 1 Pkg Microwave Popcorn
- 10 Pieces Caramel, unwrapped
- 1 Cup Candy Corn
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Pop popcorn in microwave as directed. Pour into a big bowl. *Like my huge pink bowl?? Cool, huh?
- In a small to medium bowl, melt caramels, candy corn and butter in the microwave in short intervals. Stir in between. It only took me a total of 55 seconds.
- Immediately pour caramel candy corn mixture over popcorn and stir, stir, stir until it's coated as well as you like it.
- Transfer to your desired pan/bowl of choice depending on whether or not you decide to set it. Or make into balls. Let set or eat while still all gooey and drippy.