Baked Potatoes aren’t just for dinner anymore. Try this loaded Breakfast Baked Potato. Customize it all you want!!
What temperature should a baked potato be cooked at?
You can bake potatoes at different temps for different times. Or, you could go as low as 300° for 90 minutes, give or take. You could baked them at 450° for 45 minutes, give or take. Ovens vary, so see below on how to tell if a baked potato is done.
What does wrapping baked potatoes in foil do?
Wrapping potatoes can help cook them faster. Plus, it will give a softer/steamed skin by keeping the moisture in the foil as it’s baking. If you want a crispy skin, you should bake them without the foil. Some cooks disagree with wrapping them in foil. You just need to find your perfect outcome and decide if you want to wrap or not wrap.
How can you tell if a baked potato is done?
I prefer to test the potato by sticking a fork into it. If it slides in easy (no resistance), it’s done. Another way would be to squeeze the potato. When you squeeze it, it gives, meaning it’s soft on the inside.
My Baked Potato is Hard
Did you cook it long enough? If the potato is still hard, place it back in the oven/microwave for additional time. Is the oven on high enough? Are you letting the potato cool before cutting into it? If so, that could be a problem.
How to bake potato in foil?
I poke holes in mine with a fork. Rub it with oil and salt. Wrap in foil. Then bake according to the temperature guide above.
Looking for more breakfast ideas?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – Hey, if you like any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the right hand side of this page and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
Tried one of our recipes? We would love it if you would let us know what you thought or if you have any suggestions.
Speaking of suggestions? Have any? If so, please email me at email@example.com .
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Breakfast Baked Potato
- 9 x 13 Baking Sheet
- Frying Pan
- Sauce Pan
- 1 Potato, large
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Strips Bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 Cup Breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Country Gravy
- 3 Tbsp Butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 425°.
- Wash/Scrub and dry potato. Pat Dry. **Picture shows 4 potatos, however, recipe is for only one.
- Poke holes with fork in potato (about 4-5 times)
- Rub the potato with avocado oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Wrap potato in foil.
- Place in preheated oven, directly on the rack. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a fork slides in easily. **NOTE** you can skip this part and microwave your potato
- While the potato is baking, make the gravy & bacon/sausage.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to a frying pan and heat to medium heat.
- Pour beaten eggs in frying pan and scramble. 4-5 minutes.
- Remove potato from oven. Let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Slice potato down the middle. Pull apart. Add 2 tbsp butter, mix with the potato. Cut up, smash, if desired.
- Add the scrambled eggs on top of the potato.
- Add the bacon/sausage on top of the eggs.
- Pour the gravy over all of it.
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Top it with some salt and pepper, if desired. Chow down.