This hearty Beef and Noodle Soup will warm your soul and fill your belly. Long cook time, but worth it!!!
What is the best meat for beef soup?
Chuck roast, chuck shoulder, chuck-eye, or top roast are the best meats to use for beef soups, or Beef and Noodle Soup.
Is it better to cook noodles before adding to soup?
Adding the noodles to the soup when it’s just about finished will bring the best result. This will allow the flavors from the soup to blend with the noodles.
How do you thicken beef and noodles soup?
If this recipe/soup is not thick enough for you, combine 2 Tbsp of corn starch with 1/2 cup of water. Pour into your soup and continue to cook for at least 5 more minutes.
Need more soup recipes?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – Hey, if you like any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the right hand side of this page and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
Tried one of our recipes? We would love it if you would let us know what you thought or if you have any suggestions.
Speaking of suggestions? Have any? If so, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Beef and Noodle Soup
- 10 Cups Beef Broth, divided
- 2 Oz Onion Soup Mix Package
- 10 3/4 Oz Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3 Lb Roast Beef
- 24 Oz Frozen Egg Noodles Reames
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- Fresh Parsley to garnish
- In a large bowl, combine 8 cups beef broth, onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, onion powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the roast in a 6-8 quart slow cooker. Pour in the soup mixture. Cover and cook for 8 hours on LOW, or until the beef shreds easily. **You may want to cook overnight – see rest of recipe**
- After 8 hours, tear beef apart and add the remaining 2 cups of beef broth. Cover and continue to cook an additional 8 hours on LOW.
- Add frozen egg noodles. Cover and cook for an additional hour on HIGH or until noodles are tender.